Can Lpr Kill You Windows 98 Second Edition Network Printer Problems?

Windows 98 Second Edition network printer problems? - can lpr kill you

I have to stop a computer running Windows 98SE that I am printing on network printers. I have a new printer server (more reliable), but is not compatible with \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ server \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ printers access to the print queue - print requires Internet.

The print server is a DLink DPR-1260 and configured as a DHCP server. Works great on XP and Vista, but not 98 ... Service you will not have a working TCP / IP for printing!

I've tried HP Port Monitor (computer hangs when I hit apply after each reboot), HP Network Printer Setup Wizard (new and old, not "detect" network printer), and I even tried one that is installed as an LPR TCP / IP Client Service (worked, but requires static IP)

I do not want to go with static IP, because itPrinter-scanner and print server, and it would be the "name" kill friendly hosts (http://hostname) so that they have not been able to use all functions of the print server.

Does anybody know of others working TCP / IP (or LPR) client software for Windows 98SE to work with host names?

0 comments:

Post a Comment